Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
A multi-site commercial organisation require a technical finance manager to join their team on an initial nine month contract, which could go permanent. Based in Birmingham.
This role is to start beginning December for a good handover with the additional member of staff.
Working in a team of three you will have responsibilities for training, mentoring and developing two junior staff members as well as an interesting day to day role.
- Manage the production of all financial reporting for the Head Office
- Ensure the production of the statutory accounts for the group companies, including providing support to the wider finance team during the audit process]
- Be the owner of the Head Office P&L and overseas costs
- Involvement in monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliation & reporting
- Management of Fixed Asset register, ensuring appropriate policies are adhered to
- Prepare period end routines to assist the preparation of period management accounts ensuring that all entries in the management accounts are accurately calculated and reported
- Assist in period accounts preparation, including processing/reviewing journals and undertaking/reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in ensuring that all necessary financial controls are in place and followed including balance sheet reconciliations and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Manage the accounting changes and set up of all overseas entities including conversions of loans and equity
- Manage deprecation across the entire group as part of responsibility for the fixed asset register
- Implement improved financial controls, ensuring the highest standards of corporate governance are achieved
- Involvement in ad-hoc finance projects as required
- Develop and enhance all relevant external and internal reporting including overseas reporting