Finance Manager - Central Birmingham - 50 - 60k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a multi-site service provider who are looking for a Finance Manager to join the team and lead a small team, and also own the management and statutory accounts for the group. The business has recently gone through a restructure that has ensured the business continues to grow and is in a healthy position once we return to some form of normality.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop under a hungry and ambitious Head of Finance who has a wealth of knowledge to pass on, and is looking for a hungry Accountant to bring their vision to life, whilst also building the experience needed to step into a Financial Controller position in the future.
Some of the Finance Manager responsibilities include:
- Own the management accounting function for all Group companies, leading a small team of Assistant Management Accountants.
- Oversee the production and distribution of operational profit and loss files and review of these files with Operations teams to improve accuracy of reporting.
- Assist in the production of monthly board packs for review by the Head of Finance.
- Assist in the completion of year end statutory accounts, audit disclosure packs and corporation tax packs and ensure that there is a supporting year end file for submission to auditors. Work closely with the auditors to ensure year end accounts are finalised to a high standard.
- Review of VAT returns on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Involvement in the annual budget and monthly re-forecast process, working alongside other members of the finance team to ensure that high quality and timely profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow budgets are produced.
The role will suit a Qualified Accountant who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and loves to get their hands dirty. The month end process is 7 days currently, and one of the first task will be to identify process improvements and implement changes. The team in place are currently studying and will need on going support, development and opportunities to take on more responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to progress into a Financial Controller position in the future.
Finance Manager Package:
- £50,000 - £60,000
- 25 days holiday
- Remote Working