Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Finance Manager for a growing business in Birmingham which will report into the Financial Controller and supporting the Executive Board alongside managing a small team. This role will drive the performance of the business and will suit a fully qualified Accountant who has a strong commercial background and has advanced Excel skills.
The successful Finance Manager will be responsible for driving internal and external insight to ensure the business is keeping pace with its competitors. This role will be to dramatically improve the quality of the forecasting and management information and will work closely with the FC and the Executive Board. The business are in a strong position and have only seen a slight reduction in business compared to normal, and are now in a position to continue their growth in the UK and Europe. The role will have responsibility for a transactional team who will need support, but have been with the business a considerable time and will only need guidance rather than day to day hand holding.
The exposure on offer will include supporting with the preparation of statutory accounts and the ideal applicant will have had previous exposure previously, however, the FC is happy to provide training as long as an interest in learning is shown. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to develop a rounded skillset before making the move into a Financial Controller position in the future.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage, motivate and support a small but well-formed team to drive best practice.
- To drive, advise and support the business in the development of accurate reporting /dashboards and more insightful analysis.
- Regeneration of the Board report.
- Head up Projects to deliver finance data cube and digital reporting.
- Support in the commercial, operational and financial delivery of strategic objectives.
- To support the business in taking financial decisions and being accountable for the outcomes through effective reporting and detailed analysis.
- To be valued as an effective finance partner by driving best practice.
- To provide timely and robust financial information, budgets, forecasts, strategic plans and analysis to support decision making.
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial reporting models and risk management.
- Support the preparation of statutory accounts
- Involvement of key projects including the finance data reporting cube and production reporting.
The Finance Manager role will suit a Qualified Accountant who has previous experience of improving the current management accounts and has either previous experience or an interest in learning how to prepare statutory accounts. The environment is fast paced and needs someone who can adapt to change and handle daily interaction with board members and senior members of the Finance team. The ability to lead a transactional team and knowledge of AP, AR and payroll would also be a benefit.
Finance Manager in Birmingham benefits:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager:
- Base salary £55 - £65k