Finance Graduate - Management Accountant
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + study support
8 months ago
Are you a recent Accountancy and Finance graduate looking for their first role? Do you want to join a forward thinking business with mass amounts of progression?
My client, a highly acquisitive organisation based in Birmingham City Centre, is looking to appoint a Trainee Management Accountant to join one of their divisions, taking charge of their own set of accounts. This is a fantastic opportunity, to gain exposure to a full set of accounts prep including, balance sheet recs, fixed assets, accruals, pre payments corporation tax- the lot! The business offer full study support for ACCA/CIMA and will encourage you to complete your qualification.
Depending on experience the Trainee Management Accountant role is paying between £20,000 - £25,000 + study support.
You will be joining a truly welcoming team, who support one another, and make going to work fun!
What will you be doing as the Trainee Management Accountant?
- Provide vital support in the preparation of the monthly management accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Balance Sheet Accounting, including producing comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations and inter company balance reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly payroll activities
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
- Continuous improvement of systems and process
What you will need to succeed as a Trainee Management Accountant
- Excel skills - including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic background particularly mathematics
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Desire to learn and progress a Finance career
- Attention to detail
- Experience of Sage or similar accounting system would be desirable
- Experience of management accounting would be desirable
- Strong technical accounting skills would be desirable
- Ability to adapt to a fast-growing business environment
To apply for the Trainee Management Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.