Are you a recent graduate looking for a role with a fantastic employer that will not only support your studies, but mentor and support you throughout your career?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively with Genting Casinos UK Ltd to recruit for a bright and commercially astute graduate to join their team.
ABOUT GENTING UK
Genting UK is one of the country’s largest leisure and entertainment businesses, with 40 casinos spread across the UK (And 1 in Cairo), a large integrated leisure resort, and an online gaming business. The business in the UK has annual revenues in excess of £320m and employs over 4,000 people.
Genting UK also own and operate the impressive £150m integrated leisure complex, Resorts World Birmingham. Built in 2015, the resort is a first of its kind in the UK and comprises the Genting International Casino, the stylish 178-room Genting Hotel, Santai Spa and Gym, 11-screen cinema, the Vox conferencing facility and a number of outlet shops, restaurants and bars.
In addition to their land-based operations, Genting UK also own and operate an online gaming business, Genting Bet. Their online business is growing rapidly (over 50% revenue growth in 2018), and is currently looking to expand to other regulated markets outside of the UK.
Genting UK is part of the international Genting Group. The Genting Group is one of Malaysia's largest and most respected corporations - a multi-award-winning company that yields a market capitalisation of more than US $33billion, 4,500 hectares of prime resort land and more than 35,000 employees across the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new graduate to join the Finance team, based at Genting’s UK Head Office in Birmingham. The graduate apprenticeship is a 3 year programme, rotating around a wide range of disciplines within Finance, including; Management Accounting, Shared Services, Financial Reporting, Data Analysis and Business Partnering.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts for the UK business on a monthly basis
- Preparation of robust balance sheet reconciliations to maintain the integrity of financial controls
- Liaising with Business Partners to ensure all operational activities are accounted for
- Helping to drive improvements in processes and reporting from our new accounting system
- Preparing necessary information to support the quarterly and annual audit process
- Researching and advising on complex technical accounting issues from the business
- Assisting the Senior Finance team to prepare insightful analysis and commentary on the finances of their respective business units
- Supporting the wider team with ad hoc projects and process improvements across all business areas
As part of the programme, you will receive support and funding for your professional qualification (ACCA) which will include a mixture of face-to-face, online learning, and a structured development plan for the 3 years. You will also be partnered with an experienced mentor within the business to help you along the way.
- You will be a natural self-starter and highly motivated to succeed at Genting. You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A business or finance related degree, minimum 2:1
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent standard of IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders in the business
- An ability to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and adhere to strict deadlines
- A ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to work autonomously on a task as well as being an active team player
- A willingness to work in gaming, and a passion for the leisure and entertainment industry
- 37.5 hour working week (with roughly 20% “off the job” learning)
- Salary of £18k + Study Support and Benefits (including pension, competitive holiday allowance, discounts)
- Excellent office environment, including (SLIDE in the office!) on-site gym & free parking