4 months ago
Background to the role:
Oxford Immunotec has recently transitioned from being a publicly traded company listed on NASDAQ to a private group company, part of the overall PerkinElmer group. Given that the duties and responsibilities of the finance organisation have changed, we have reorganised the finance group into two global teams. The accounting function (also based in Abingdon) will report directly into PerkinElmer's corporate accounting function. Alongside that, we are looking for an operational finance lead to report to Oxford Immunotec's CEO. This person will provide a critical support to the CEO in running the business; by owning all the forecasting, planning and analysis for the business, owning the financial systems (e.g. ERP) and providing leadership to the functional leaders of the Company for investment decisions, spending control and strategic analysis.
Depending on the experience and progression of the candidate; there may be opportunities to take over additional line management responsibilities or general management responsibilities
- Driving the company to execute against its annual Corporate Goals and financial targets
- Independently demonstrates proactive leadership across the business including managing the relationships between finance and the operating leaders
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the financial analysts who are members of the Company's finance team including tactical direction and assisting with strategic problem solving
- Ensure appropriate oversight over the Company's finance and operational process including business and financial operating rhythms (monthly, quarterly closes) and other finance related processes (business integration etc)
- Partners with the Company's business leaders on their long-term strategic business plans
- Owns the Company's financial systems; including its ERP system and other tools for financial planning and analysis - ensure that the systems evolve to meet the needs of the business (and the reporting needs for the wider PerkinElmer group)
- Creates a leadership presence across the broader finance team and supports ongoing projects to enhance the entire organization
- Provides financial modelling to properly evaluate strategic business decisions and independently delivers ad-hoc analysis to inform and improve business performance.
- Assist the CEO in evaluating new business opportunities, including M&A activity. Will have a role in any subsequent integration.
- Participate in, and in some instances lead, risk and governance programs and procedures. Setting the "tone at the top" for integrity and compliance
- Other tasks as directed by the finance and business leadership
- Acting as a Corporate Officer of the company and subsidiaries if necessary
- Delivering reports and forecasts, as required, to support PerkinElmer corporate functions
- Qualified Accountant
- 10+ years of related business experience in Finance with a track record of graduated & scalable success preferably from a Pharma / Medical Devices / Life Sciences / Biotech background (Regulated company experience essential)
- 20% international travel (when permissions allow)
- Robust analytical & financial modelling skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational and market drivers. Detail focused.
- Strong ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences.
- Proven leadership and management experience with the ability to recruit, engage, and mentor a team, while fostering a productive and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage/complete multiple complex activities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Prior experience of global healthcare markets and of managing staff in multiple locations is desirable.
- Strong proficiency with financial systems and applications; Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Successful completion of a Financial Leadership Development Program.
- Experience with SAP, IFS, Hyperion, Business Objects, TM1 are all desirable
- Maturity and experience to act as a mentor to develop people and build succession cover.
- Building Effective Teams;
- Advanced interpersonal skills which allow effective interaction and influence at all levels both internally and externally and across cultures.
- Highly intelligent, critical, nimble and nuanced thinker with dedicated attention to detail without sacrificing understanding of and focus on the big picture
- Compliance & Integrity
- Highest ethical and personal standards
- Communications & Relationships: Team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
- Comfortable working with senior management. Builds constructive, effective relationships, and is able to influence peers and executive management.
- Creativity & Innovation:
- Strong ability to navigate through ambiguity, show initiative, and confidently manage conflict and difficult conversations especially during times of change.
- Strategic thinker. Strong bias for action while considering potential outcomes from multiple angles. Always driving towards simplification and transparency.
People Management Competency
- Is able to articulate and implement the company's goals, vision and values
- Encourages a culture of creativity of thought and knowledge sharing
- Leads by serving and is a role model to their team
- Communicates regularly throughout the company and is able to synthesize complex information in an accessible and engaging manner
- Inspires, motivates and guides others to accomplishing organisational goals
- Builds teams and collaborations which encourage cooperation and deliver program goals
- Has proven experience of identifying, supporting their teams though coaching, mentoring and challenging the progress against development needs
- Champions cultural diversity and demonstrates inclusive management practices
- Fosters a culture of compliance and integrity and instils mutual trust and confidence within their teams
- Able to build high quality development and midterm succession plans for their team and adapts plans when necessary.
- Actions and delivers on HR commitments and supports company events
- Is able to vary their style and adapts to different coaching styles to best support their team
- Demonstrates and fosters a sense of urgency, ownership and commitment to realising objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict and facilitate consensus building and trust
- Is able to provide direction to the team, make decisions and provide clarity in ambiguous or challenging situations
- Is able to drive discretionary effort in their teams
Location & Travel
The position is based in the Abingdon headquarters, but frequent international travel is expected (20%) given the global nature of the team and the need to understand the Company's operations and customers
Gleeson Recruitment are working exclusively with Oxford Immunotec for the recruitment of a Financial Director (UK) based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. All direct applications to Oxford Immunotec will be shared with Gleeson Recruitment Group.