4 months ago
Background to the role:
Oxford Immunotec has recently transitioned from being a publicly traded company listed on NASDAQ to a private group company, part of the overall PerkinElmer group. Given that the duties and responsibilities of the finance organisation have changed, we have reorganised the finance group into two global teams. The accounting function (also based in Abingdon) will report directly into PerkinElmer's corporate accounting function. Alongside that, we are looking for an operational finance lead to report to Oxford Immunotec's CEO. This person will provide a critical support to the CEO in running the business; by owning all the forecasting, planning and analysis for the business, owning the financial systems (e.g. ERP) and providing leadership to the functional leaders of the Company for investment decisions, spending control and strategic analysis.
Depending on the experience and progression of the candidate; there may be opportunities to take over additional line management responsibilities or general management responsibilities
- Driving the company to execute against its annual Corporate Goals and financial targets
- Independently demonstrates proactive leadership across the business including managing the relationships between finance and the operating leaders
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the financial analysts who are members of the Company's finance team including tactical direction and assisting with strategic problem solving
- Ensure appropriate oversight over the Company's finance and operational process including business and financial operating rhythms (monthly, quarterly closes) and other finance related processes (business integration etc)
- Partners with the Company's business leaders on their long-term strategic business plans
- Owns the Company's financial systems; including its ERP system and other tools for financial planning and analysis - ensure that the systems evolve to meet the needs of the business (and the reporting needs for the wider PerkinElmer group)
- Creates a leadership presence across the broader finance team and supports ongoing projects to enhance the entire organization
- Provides financial modelling to properly evaluate strategic business decisions and independently delivers ad-hoc analysis to inform and improve business performance.
- Assist the CEO in evaluating new business opportunities, including M&A activity. Will have a role in any subsequent integration.
- Participate in, and in some instances lead, risk and governance programs and procedures. Setting the "tone at the top" for integrity and compliance
- Other tasks as directed by the finance and business leadership
- Acting as a Corporate Officer of the company and subsidiaries if necessary
- Delivering reports and forecasts, as required, to support PerkinElmer corporate functions
- Qualified accountant
- 10+ years of related business experience in Finance with a track record of graduated & scalable success preferably from a Pharma / Medical Devices / Life Sciences / Biotech background (Regulated company experience essential)
- 20% international travel (when permissions allow)
- Robust analytical & financial modelling skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational and market drivers. Detail focused.
- Strong ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences.
- Proven leadership and management experience with the ability to recruit, engage, and mentor a team, while fostering a productive and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage/complete multiple complex activities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Prior experience of global healthcare markets and of managing staff in multiple locations is desirable.
- Strong proficiency with financial systems and applications; Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Successful completion of a Financial Leadership Development Program.
- Experience with SAP, IFS, Hyperion, Business Objects, TM1 are all desirable
Location & Travel
The position is based in the Abingdon headquarters, but frequent international travel is expected (20%) given the global nature of the team and the need to understand the Company's operations and customers
Gleeson Recruitment are working exclusively with Oxford Immunotec for the recruitment of a Financial Director (UK) based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. All direct applications to Oxford Immunotec will be shared with Gleeson Recruitment Group.