East Midlands, England
Bonus and Benefits
about 2 months ago
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Midlands based client is a leader in its market. The company has an enviable reputation for quality products and services and is performing well, with ambitious plans and a focus on evolution, change and profitable growth. These plans have accelerated with recent and significant external investment. The investment group is also characterised by an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, and they allow their portfolio businesses to operate with highly accountable management teams and the opportunity to really make a difference. Employees are encouraged and incentivised to exercise agility and entrepreneurialism and are allowed the room to do so. The UK remains a key area of geographic focus for the group.
This is a critical appointment to support the business in its continued growth vision. They will support the CEO to drive the evolution of the business at a time like no other, in an increasingly competitive, digital/ multichannel age. They operate in a market with excellent long-term potential and significant market opportunity especially internationally. This role represents the rare opportunity to join a successful and fast paced organisation, at a critical point in the next stage of its development, and to play an important role in driving change, long-term profitable growth, and success.
This is a high-profile Finance Director opportunity in the Midlands. Reporting directly to the CEO, the FD will support, challenge, and drive the strategy, financial decisions, and priorities for the business. It is a crucial strategic role at the heart of the Company, taking full ownership of all financial aspects of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the Executive team, advising the CEO and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance
- Supporting the CEO and Senior Management team to create and deliver growth strategies and plans
- Critically appraising capital allocation choices, ensuring alignment with strategy and key performance metrics
- Leading, motivating, and developing a high performing finance team to support business growth
- Analysing and reporting on performance, leading the budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes
- Evaluation of current systems and controls and implementing improvement plans, including a potential system implementation. You will be managing the risks, whilst ensuring a forward focus to deliver against the rapid sales plan
- Delivering the statutory external audit
- Establishing a business partnering approach across the organisation and responsible for timely and accurate business information to drive a decision-making culture based on data and analytics
For this Finance Director opportunity in the Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant post qualification experience. The successful candidate must be commercially astute, with strong influencing skills and significant drive and energy and a can-do attitude. You must have a history of success in commercially focused senior finance roles, and ideally a track record of supporting a business through consistent profitable growth. You must also have a good balance of strategic vision and hands on operating style.
Ideally you will have experience of working at an FD level at least once and being part of an executive team. Leading the finance function in a growing SME is highly desirable. Experience in B2C E-commerce businesses reconciling high volumes of transactions across multiple tender types is also important. You must have had end to end operational finance responsibility. Prior involvement with a system implementation would also be advantageous.
Broad business knowledge will also be critical and an enthusiasm for innovation, continuous improvement and problem solving. Candidates will need to demonstrate an entrepreneurial, growth mindset and an innovative approach, as well as an agility and ability to operate at pace. There will be the opportunity to affect real change and to contribute to the direction of the company.
Importantly, the successful candidate will need to be mindful of the transition the business will go through under new leadership, and therefore finance leadership experience and capability in a time of significant cultural and organisational change will be valued. A commitment to growth and development, personally and for colleagues will be crucial.
WHATS ON OFFER
Six Figure Package
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.