£80000 - £85000 per annum + car allowance and bonus
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively in partnership with a hugely profitable and established manufacturing business in Staffordshire, who are on the lookout for a Finance Director to lead the Finance division. This business has deep roots in Staffordshire and have been manufacturing their products for over 150 years, supplying their products globally.
The role requires a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) finance professional, who has substantial commercial experience within a manufacturing environment. This business is part of a wider group, so experience of working for a business who report into a group function is also a must. There is a clear progression route to the Managing Director position when the time is right, or alternatively, into more senior Finance positions within the wider group.
You will be responsible for the financial management of company operations, as well as providing leadership and coordination in the business planning, accounting and controls within the company. You will be expected to maintain robust internal controls to safeguard the company's assets, prepare management accounting information and KPI's to assist the running of the business and offer support and guidance to other department heads.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Director position:
- To manage, develop, motivate and most importantly lead the finance team to provide a world-class 'no-surprises' finance function.
- In collaboration with the MD, prepare budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Design and implement new finance business processes and contribute to non-financial business processes with senior managers.
- Take the finance lead on the implementation of a new ERP system.
- To produce monthly management accounts and commentaries to group deadlines.
- Ensure trade debtors are effectively managed and internal credit control policies are adhered to.
- To ensure that all statutory returns are completed accurately and in a timely manner (VAT returns, PAYE returns, PSA returns, CIS returns etc.).
- Manage relationships with all financial stakeholders (banks, auditors, group finance etc.).
- Support commercial business decision making processes.
- Prepare and evaluate capex proposals.
Key requirements for the position:
- You must be either CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- You must have substantial senior commercial finance experience within the manufacturing sector
- You must have experience or the ability to work and communicate within a complex matrix organisation
- Proven experience of managing, motivating and leading a team
- Experience of reporting into a group function
- Experience of implementing a new ERP system would be advantageous