West Midlands, England
£90000.00 - £110000 per annum + + Car + 20% Bonus
3 months ago
Finance Director - Manufacturing - West Midlands
Remuneration: Circa £90,000/£110,000 + Car Allowance + 20/30% Bonus and Pension
I have a fantastic opportunity to join a West Midlands based manufacturing business with an enviable historic legacy. Ideally from a metals background you will be the No1 in Finance for a site turning over circa £50MN. This is a true leadership role that will see you working hand in glove with the incumbent General Manager to drive all business decision making as well as managing both the Finance and IT team during a period of growth. This will suit a technically capable accountant who has strong commercial acumen and exposure outside the confines of core finance who can bring that experience to bear as a sounding board, deputising for the General Manager as required.
This role has primary responsibility to oversee the day-to-day accountancy function, responsible for maintaining a robust controls environment, support decision making to deliver timely and accurate reporting and managing the team to drive a system of daily and weekly dashboards that track delivery of monthly forecasts, improves forecasting accuracy and ensures a "no surprises" environment.
Requirements in Brief
- Production of Management and Statutory accounts.
- Month-end forecasting, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Improving quality of management information and pursuing lean accounting principles
- Trend analysis and active participation in operational matters.
- Managing the development and updating of standard costs.
- Provision of financial support for all major projects.
- Preparation and review of Capital Expenditure requests.
- Delivering timely and accurate reporting.
- Producing a reconciled trial balance and account analyses monthly.
- Stock and fixed asset inventories.
- Reporting in line with IFRS.
- Maintaining a robust financial control environment.
- Support the General Manager in the conduct of their duties.
- Supports business change initiatives.
- Evaluation of commercial opportunities.
- Challenge and debate business ideas and investment strategies.
- Providing business analysis and financial information on a timely basis.
- Monitoring business performance providing financial commentary.
- A qualified accountant e.g. CIMA, ACCA , ACA etc.
- 5 years post qualification experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to Earnt Standard Hours (ESH) costing and production principles.
- Running a site-based Finance team at a manufacturing facility.
- Excellent working knowledge of IFRS.
- Delivering robust commercial support.
- Group consolidations.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting standard costings and variances.
This role is private and confidential, no additional information can be released until a cv has been received, positively vetted and an NDA signed.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.