This is a Finance Director opportunity, working for a significant PLC in the East Midlands. As a key member of the regional management team, the FD will be proactively supporting the MD to maximise delivered value in a high-performing business unit, with a significant growth agenda.
About Our Client
Our client is a high performing regional business unit and part of a market leading Construction group. This is a high-profile opportunity to join a key strategic business unit, which has further significant growth potential.
This is an opportunity to join an ever-evolving business unit, where you could make a real difference and build a career, with the wider opportunities, this PLC presents both in the Midlands and beyond. They foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively.
This is a high-profile Finance Director (FD) opportunity in the East Midlands. This role will serve as the business partner and strategic advisor to the Managing Director. As a key member of the regional management team, they will proactively support the MD to maximise delivered value.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partner the MD on all new business decisions, including land acquisitions
- Sign off the financial models and prepare the financial recommendation to the MD
- Obtain an understanding of costs and risks for each site and challenge costs incurred to date
- Drive the discussion at the management team board, by presenting analysis, insight and interpretation of performance against plan
- Monitor financial performance and make recommendations to the business
- Lead the forecasting process and review operational assumptions
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support future performance
- Review the regional land bank, and make recommendations to the MD
- Review cash forecasts before submission to the Group Treasury
- Lead the finance team and support their development and advancement
For this Finance Director (FD) opportunity in the East Midlands, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and must have worked in a business unit, ideally as an FD and with a proven track record as a strategic financial business partner to an MD. Previous construction sector experience will be considered advantageous, as well as experience of working within a large, corporate environment.
Considerable post-qualified experience gained from both business finance/performance roles and accounting and financial control will also be important.
You will need to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic discussions to support the growth potential. The ability to produce clear and concise narrative will be essential.
Prior experience in financial support for business deals (e.g. new contracts, M&A, Joint Ventures) will also be highly desirable.
A successful track record in leading and developing a team will also be important.
What's on Offer
£100,000-£115,000 Basic Salary, Car Allowance, 100% Bonus Potential and other Standard Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.