£80000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
11 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working for a large manufacturing business to appoint a new Finance Director at their site close to Cardiff. This is a fantastic role for an ambitious, fully qualified Head of Finance / Finance Director who is looking for their next career step within a FTSE environment. As Number 1 in Finance you will be looking after a sizeable site with a T/O of approx. £200 million and growing. This is a highly challenging role and will see you reporting into a highly experienced Group Finance Director who will allow you to drive things as you see fit, but will also be there to support when needed.
This role will manage a large finance team and will see you being involved in implementing a new ERP system as well as transforming current ways of working to be more efficient and in line with Group requirements. You will work very closely with the MD and Group Finance Director and therefore your communication and relationship building skills will need to be exceptional. The successful candidate will really enjoys getting under the skin of what drives the business and will provide critical insight into all aspect of financial performance to achieve key business objectives.
The role of Finance Director is seen as a key role within the Group and will be a transformational role where you will be able to make a number of quick wins within a short space of time. This will suit someone who is looking for a real "value add" role where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term.
The successful Finance Director will be working for a well-known brand who offer career progression, mentorship and a first class benefits package. The company also offer a tremendous working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. You will have a highly experienced Group Finance Director to learn from who has real drive, enthusiasm and who thoroughly enjoys developing people.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead the execution of the business (month end, budgeting and forecasting).
- Financial integrity and accuracy, adherence by team and staff to finance policies and procedures and the Rules of Business.
- Implement and drive compliance with accounting policies and validate the integrity of all financial information.
- Responsible for treasury and cash management including overseeing the collection from customers and working capital.
- To lead the financial input, insight and challenge in being a key business partner to the Managing Director and play a lead role in the development of the regional 5 year strategy including investment support
- Oversee the payment of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Manage the purchasing/procurement department in-line with agreed processes
- To manage the internal and external audit process
- To manage the capital requirements of the business, with forward view on replacement and development capital whilst adhering to Group policies.
- Develop and drive forward looking management information that can contribute to the performance and development of the business.
- To support further integration of the business into the Group through promoting effective collaboration.
- Timely and accurate financial information meeting specified deadlines and formats.
- Standardisation of reporting and analysis across the business.
- Active involvement and contribution to the continuous improvement process, including the financial evaluation of forecasts, the decision-making processes and the monitoring of progress.
- Advance a positive work culture, where effective people management, including the attraction and retention of talent, is a key priority.
- Present business cases and capital applications for submission to Group.
- Look to advance technology and systems use through ERP development and implementation.
As the successful Finance Director you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Strong and effective team manager who enjoys developing people
- Experience within Manufacturing or Construction
- Strong business partnering capability
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to engage with both finance and operations across all levels
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Director:
- Base salary £80K - £95K
- Generous car allowance
- Family Healthcare
- Career progression and development