Up to £63500.00 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Flexi bens
4 months ago
Our client is a subsidiary of a leading Business Service organisation with operations throughout the UK.
Following a recent expansion, a major transformation programme is underway to support a nationwide digitization rollout project. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your accountancy career within the sustainable energy sector as the UK moves towards a low-carbon economy.
A private company working closely with energy regulator, we are keen to speak to candidates with experience preferably gained from corporate matrix clients or with exposure within regulated markets; Eg: (Energy / Communications / Water / Transport)
With the programme at its early stages, the roles will provide outstanding development and progression. As all the positions are new, this will allow you to be challenged, pushed and ultimately rewarded as they shape and mould your career.
Finance Data Manager
An experienced financial controls professional who can lead by example, develop a best practice control environment to support quality finance data and manage compliance and risks within the finance team.
- Manage a team of finance data analysts, that support the finance team and wider business to ensure data clarity and integrity. Reviewing outputs as required.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the different ways the finance data is used (Management reporting, statutory reporting and regulatory reporting) and create relevant data policies, where they do not already exist.
- Work with the head of transformation and data to create a clear data strategy and ensure its implementation in a timely manner with appropriate controls.
- Work closely with the Business Improvement and Internal Audit (BIA) team to understand the annual schedule of internal and compliance audits and manage these within the finance team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage and maintain the finance risk register, ensuring all risks are captured. Documenting any required mitigating actions, in line with the wider risk appetite. Ensure all actions are prioritised, assigned to owners and completed by the due date.
- Assist in finance transformation and continuous improvement as the subject matter expert for controls and risk mitigation to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in all processes.
- Manage the statutory audit feedback in relation to management letter points and agreed upon procedures and ensure an action plan is created and tracked for any control weaknesses identified.
- Manage the finance policies and review and update them on a periodic basis, as required.
Oversee financial modelling (ongoing operation of models will be by responsible FBP). This includes support for business cases, the need to liaise with regulators, customers, vendors, banks and technical, operational and commercial teams
Skills / Background
- Proven accounting knowledge (via ACA, ACCA, ACMA/CGMA or relevant degree preferably in finance / accounting)
- Strong management and leadership skills, demonstrated through line management experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, generally numerate with the ability to complete analysis, evaluate these and present findings to colleagues
- Experience of data modelling and handing models over to others to maintain
- Ability to communicate complex issues concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically about new ways of working
- Proactive in resolving issues or promoting best practice
- Experience with SAP business software
- Experience with visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI
- Experience in working in a regulated environment
- Experience of improving cost transparency
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and resilience to work in a dynamic organisation where priorities may change at short notice
- Highly organised, self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify problems and formulate a dynamic resolution
- Project management and process optimisation skills desirable, but not essential