Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a fantastic owner managed enterprise who are recruiting for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) to join them as Finance Controller. The role is based in Worcester with flexibility to work from home and flexible hours. The business will be seeking significant Private Equity funding in the last quarter of 2022 and are looking for a new Finance Controller with the relevant experience to assist in this process. To provide additional motivation during the PE funding exercise, the successful candidate will potentially be offered share options
Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for all financial areas of the business to help deliver profitable growth. The candidate will have three direct reports in the form of two Credit Controllers and a Business Admin Coordinator. In addition the company utilise the services of an ex practice Accountant who provides a quarterly audit function.
Role Overview: Finance Controller, Worcester
- To manage the finance function
- To research, prepare and submit budgets and forecasts
- To maintain financial ledgers and accounting processes
- To prepare Monthly Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- To produce statutory and internal financial reports in a timely manner
- To manage the payroll process and records (could be out-sourced) currently 80
- To prepare VAT returns per Qtr
- To manage any dividends and shareholders
- To manage staff benefit in kind systems.
Key Responsibilities: Finance Controller, Worcester
- To produce monthly financial reports that enable the comparison of sales to targets and projections, to then be able to discuss/suggest any improvements to projections and analyse any failings
- To move monies between accounts to cater for the financial needs of the company
- Ensure that records are kept up to date and funds are in place to meet deadlines, i.e., payments for VAT, PAYE and P11D, along with Corporation Tax
- Ensuring that records are kept up to date and funds are in place to process the payroll for the company
- Train additional staff in accountancy processes and support their personal development
- Administrator of the Company Pension Scheme NOW PENSIONS
- Oversee department staff responsible for credit control of aged debtors and creditors to acceptable required level
- Monthly reconciliation of the Company's credit card facility
- Oversee the operatives expenses in line with the Company guidelines
Experience and Qualifications: Financial Controller, Worcester
- Full ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial control experience
- The ability to demonstrate self-management and initiative
- Good attention to detail, good judgement at logical decision making with hands on approach
- Computer skills on relevant software such as Sage and Excel with a solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Technical expertise - The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in the chosen area
- Managerial experience
- Participate in financial, human resources and strategic planning
- Legislative understanding - appreciation of professional and ethical responsibilities, and ability to function in accordance with legislation governing financial practice.