£50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum + Benefits and Bonus
12 months ago
Financial Controller - Reading
My client a Venture Capital backed award winning software organisation based in Reading are seeking an experienced Qualified Accountant to join their finance team you will be joining an exciting and fast paced working environment due to the rapid growth the company is currently experiencing. This is offering the successful individual excellent career development opportunities.
Reporting directly into the CFO you will undertake a high-profile role where you will enjoy significant exposure to senior management. You will initially be responsible for the direct line management of 2 individuals, but it is likely that this will increase in the next 12-18 months as the business executes its rapid growth plans, including international expansion.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Undertake full ownership of the P&L and balance sheet.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and management information (including commentary and KPI/SaaS metrics) to provide insight into the financial and commercial performance of the company and inform strategic management decision-making.
- Maintain an adequate system of accounting records.
- Maintain and continuously improve a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with FRS 102.
- Perform semi-annual budgeting/re forecasting
- Perform departmental variance reporting against forecast performance.
- Oversee invoicing and cash collection and ensure that revenue is recognised in accordance with contracts and accounting standards.
- Oversee cash payments.
- Perform cash flow forecasting.
- Oversee the audit, tax return and preparation of annual financial statements.
- Be responsible for ensuring the company's CRM (SFDC) information is accurate, challenging data with sales leads on a monthly basis.
- Perform secretarial duties for the companies commercial review board
- Prepare and submit VAT returns.
- Prepare and submit annual R&D rebate claims.
- Help ensure that company is operating on a cost-effective basis, minimising and challenging costs wherever possible.
- Provide support to the CFOO on corporate finance, company secretarial, legal and commercial matters as they arise on an ad-hoc basis.
- You should be a commercially minded audit trained accountant with a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Possess strong technical accounting experience with high attention to detail.
- Due to the pace at which the company is growing, you will need to be comfortable working to tight deadlines and able to be flexible to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- The FC will be required to communicate effectively with individuals across the whole business at all levels of seniority.
- You will have a minimum of two years post qualified experience in 'industry' (ideally in a B2B software business).
- Ideally you will have experience working in a VC-backed business with rapid growth aspirations.
- You should be an advanced user of Excel.
- Experience of using Quickbooks would be an advantage
If you require any further information on the role of Financial Controller then please contact me directly.