Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively in partnership with a consultancy firm and training provider who are on the lookout for a Finance Coach.
In this role, you will work with a number of businesses within the manufacturing sector, providing finance support and guidance, in an extremely varied role. Your responsibility will be to coach and mentor key personnel in how to develop and implement appropriate financial business planning, reporting and decision-making best practices.
The role is home-based 2-3 days a week, with the rest of the week being spent on site with the businesses you're partnering with, so there is travel involved in this role, but also lots of freedom and autonomy. It would suit somebody based in the Midlands, as you will be supporting businesses around the UK.
This organisation is publicly funded and supported by a very well-known manufacturer in the UK.
- Coaching of best practice in appropriate financial models and supporting processes used to underpin the business planning process.
- Support the beneficiaries to improve their decision-making processes to include investment appraisals and post decision making reviews.
- Assist the beneficiaries to improve their performance management mechanisms to measure and predict performance. This should include an appropriate framework for reporting performance and driving actions, with relevant KPIs, quality variance analysis and action planning.
- Coaching the finance function to improve integration with the rest of the organisation to become an integral part of the decision-making process. Coaching other functions to understand the integral part they play in the management of costs, working capital and business planning
- Assist the beneficiary in implementing processes to support risk management, to include scenario analysis on financial forecasts.
- Support the beneficiary to align financial KPIs to their business plan deployment process and cascade targets throughout the organisation.
- Support and advise on financial control activities e.g. Activity Based Costing, Value stream accounting and budget control.
Key requirements for the Multi-site Finance Coach position:
- You must be either ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
- You must have significant experience of working in Finance positions within a manufacturing environment
- Evidence of working on project-based work
- You must be a good communicator with proven business partnering skills
- Experience of managing your own diary and working in an autonomous fashion