£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Role Profile: Finance Business Partner
My client a market leader in their industry sector within the UK, who also have operations Internationally require an experienced management accountant with strong business partnering experience to join the WAN team located at their Reigate offices to help provide financial and commercial support to the external WAN business.
- Responsible for effective management, control and reporting of External clients within the WAN business
- Support commercial team by ensuring that current financial reporting is prepared accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare the pre month end flash document, and provide insight on known variances to forecast
- Remain highly engaged with strategically important customers
- Review outputs from the team, both P&L and balance sheet related and identify any movements which could impact upon the wider WAN business
- Act as a point of escalation for the business and external customers, and see queries through to resolution
- Work with Senior Finance Manager to prepare a monthly analysis for the Finance Director (actuals and forecast)
- Manage the External WAN client P&L and Balance Sheet including:
- Proactive support to the management accountants (who are a mix of skill sets) for WAN External cost centres. Ensure monthly forecast activity accurately reflects the current business
- Seek to streamline reporting requirements and ensure resource cover is possible across the multiple sites
- Conducting regular review meetings with operational teams to improve financial knowledge and highlight current issues arising.
- Improvement of the MI to enable more effective analysis of performance
- Coordinate the annual Business Partner process within the External client space
- Leading continuous improvement in the WAN Business Unit:
- Assisting in the control and governance within WAN, harmonise the way of working and support the development of cross cover within the team
- Work closely with the wider Finance team to engender project controls
- Support build of new MI Systems, and support the team in understanding any changes
Key performance Measures:
- Measurement of monthly reported revenue and margin vs. forecast across external client space
- Timely completion of monthly flash document with variance analysis
- Hold regular meetings with the business covering customer performance, future forecasts and other operational aspects which could impact financial performance.
- Production of analysis / trends for customers with recommended actions
- Highlight any key issues to the Financial Manager / Director
- Accuracy & timeliness of key responsibilities.
Skills & Experience:
- ACA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) preferred but will also consider individuals at the latter stages of their professional qualification
- Experience of complex organisation and applying control and governance to reporting.
- Proven ability to support non-finance staff in management of commercial requirements
- Experience of managing remote teams preferable but not essential
- Comfortable engaging in person with external customers and internal stakeholders as required
- Experience of fast paced, changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and Innovative person willing to drive forward change to the business.