£58000.00 - £62000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Finance Business Partner
£40m division managed service client. Reporting to Head of Finance with direct dotted line to European MD
The Finance Business Partner provides effective financial support and commercial insight through:
- best in class financial analysis,
- helping monitor and improve business performance.
- decision making support and pinpointing areas of operational performance that require attention
This role is positioned to assist, but also to challenge, in determining performance targets and reworking strategies in addition to providing input to forecasting processes and operational initiatives.
The role involves working closely with the divisional leadership to achieve revenue and and service targets and enable informed business decisions, thus maximising returns for the division. This position will act as a 'key contact' for all divisional financial requests or issues and a conduit for communication between Division and Finance.
This person must have a strong detail focus and financial skills to process significant amounts of data to identify and extract key trends and exceptions. They must also have a good understanding of overall divisional performance and financial results. They will need strong system/ technical skills with finance and transactional systems.
Work will often be ad hoc in nature and the business partner needs to be adaptable and flexible to changing demands as well as proactive in spotting trends and exceptions quickly and communicating them effectively.
Forecasting and Planning
- Lead divisional budget and forecasting processes from end to end,
- Provide high quality analysis and insights to maximise and shape growth and gross margin
- Robust business modelling reflecting accurate cost to serve metrics for compliant service pricing for new business opportunities and contract renewals
- Compare and analyse depot P&Ls, identifying and resolving discrepancies
- Reconciliation of financial information from around the business
- Identify profit enhancement opportunities
- Ad hoc finance duties including working with the Controllership team on the implementation and testing of new processes, systems and controls as well as FP&A on central reporting
- Demonstrate a good understanding of overall divisional performance and financial results to Division and Group leadership
- Reporting on the Division's KPIs, including financial performance, variance analysis, margin analysis, cost control and forecasting
- Prepare weekly Flash analysis and monthly divisional reports and assist Division leadership with commentary and insights presentation to Group CEO and CFO
- Provide ad hoc reports and analytics as required
Skills and experience
- Proficient at analysing data and drawing conclusions from a wide range of inputs
- Able to present information and analysis in a format that is easily understood by the audience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills