£60000.00 - £68000 per annum
20 days ago
Overview - Finance Business Partner
Gleeson Recruitment Group are very please to be supporting an highly established, market leading utilities business in Warwick with the recruitment for a Finance Business Partner.
In this position you will be a part of an influential business unit, within the leadership team and focusing on driving the business' short, medium and long term strategy.
The role itself will be a part of an established finance team and will involve engaging with varied non-finance stakeholders at a senior level, providing commercial insight and ongoing management of risk and opportunities.
- Engage with internal and external (if applicable) stakeholders to understand best practice and to influence decision makers.
- Actively contribute and challenge each business area to impact the shape of commercial and non-financial performance related decisions. Drive the management of performance, financial risks, and the implementation & maintenance of controls,
- Work to shape the definition of value, key drivers which create value and the KPIs which measure value; and ensure these are used to inform performance management, decision making and planning for the future
- Drive the management of performance and facilitation of performance conversations at all levels, referencing benchmarks and external insight to identify opportunities and challenge the business.
- Lead the long-term business & financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to drive performance, with a clear link to business and regulatory outcomes.
- Support the delivery of the relevant business area's financial response to price controls / rate cases and maximise future allowances for ongoing investment in infrastructure and services. - deliver the best possible outcome so as to outperform targets.
- Act as support for the finance lead on investment appraisal process for Construction, guiding decision making with insight and optimisation opportunities, to ensure that all current and future investments are made in line with the business strategy and value requirements.
What we are looking for
- A Recognised finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Demonstrable financial and data analysis experience with the ability to complete budgets and forecasts
- Proven experience in project management and the ability to manage highly sensitive information with great integrity
- Experience within a Finance Business Partner position would be advantageous
- Be an effective communicator to engage with stakeholders
- Have a keen eye for detail and the drive to be a resourceful problem solver