£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension, 28 Days Holidays
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a critical energy infrastructure business in the recruitment of a commercially minded Finance Business Partner.
The business in question is undergoing a change of ownership and is considered not only an industry leader but a key facilitator in the UK's transition to a cleaner energy system.
Reporting directly into the Head of FP&A, you will act as a finance business partner to a far-reaching commercial function, to support and challenge the strategic and financial priorities, and to support the decisions that deliver financial performance.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Engage with stakeholders internally and externally to understand best practice and to influence decision makers.
- Actively contribute to each business area to help drive commercial and non-financial performance related decisions. Support the management of financial risks and the implementation & maintenance of controls.
- Support the long term business & financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes to drive performance.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement and performance excellence activities, consistently achieving strong results.
- Support the delivery of the relevant business area's financial response to price controls and maximise future allowances for ongoing investment in infrastructure and services.
- Support the investment appraisal process for each relevant business area, guiding decision making with insight, to ensure that all current and future investments are made in line with the business strategy and value requirements.
- Present the monthly results in a style suitable for both a finance and non-finance audience, delivering insight and highlighting priority areas for focus, ensuring efficiencies are optimised for the longer term. Provide action plans to address issues and ensure corrective actions are delivered on a timely basis.
This role will be best suited to a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA) and will have a proven track record of effectively translating financial information to a broad range of non-financial stakeholders. Ideally you will have extensive experience in financial analysis & investment appraisal and with a career history of being a proactive business partner where you will have been a trusted advisor using strategic insight to deliver tangible performance improvements.