£25000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits package
13 days ago
Our client is one of the UK's top retail companies and are currently looking for an Excel savvy and outgoing Commercial Accountant to join their dynamic Finance team in Lichfield and contribute on driving business performance. The role has come up due to consistent growth and strong sales, and provide opportunity to travel to local sites occasionally.
You will mainly partner their commercial function and look after the wider business functions. This would be a great opportunity for this with a wider exposure to how the business operates and provide valuable insight to ensure the right decisions are made within the business.
Reporting into the Finance Director, a Commercial Accountant will typically:
- Be accountable for all commercial data and analytics, working alongside the commercial team, with the focus being sales and margin performance measures and identifying improvements to be made
- Operate closely across the relevant business functions to generate daily/weekly/monthly financial reporting in a consistent and timely manner to support decision making
- Support operational teams in the field to drive sales and margin at a local level - providing analytics and MI to help stores drive this
- Building relationships with Support Functions - Cash and Banking, Credit Control, Purchase Ledger, IT etc. to improve efficiencies
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with a Finance degree or equivalent.
- Experienced within a fast paced environment (preferably retail), analytics and hold strong excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Commercially minded with the personality and drive to deal with multiple stakeholder priorities in a fast-paced environment
In return for your skills the client is offering a salary up to £35,000 and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested do submit your CV and feel free to get in touch:
☎+44 (0) 121 752 9968 ✉