Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an exciting and established Worcester based retail firm, as they seek to appoint a commercially driven Finance Business Partner. The business in question is a fast-paced, product led organisation undergoing a sustained period of significant growth.
The business has recently restructured their finance team and with a new FD in place, they now need a confident Finance Business Partner to take ownership of the monthly management accounts and can identify and implement processes to speed this up. This role will have significant contact with the leadership team and be instrumental in supporting their international growth.
They have had significant growth over the past 2 years, which has increased sales and seen them take market share away from their competitors. As the Finance Business Partner, this role will need an Accountant who enjoys building relationships and problem solving. A main point of contact will be the Operational Director who looks after Customer service, logistics and the warehouse. They will need constant support to ensure accurate budgets and forecasts are in place and cost savings can be implemented.
With so much variety on offer, the role will keep any Accountant busy, and due to the continuous growth, there is a unique opportunity to add real value and improve profitability. The business will offer flexibility and are happy with 3 days working from home.
- Applying financial analysis and modelling skills
- Supporting the Finance Manager
- Working with Buying and Merchandising teams to identify opportunities to reduce cost prices, maximise margin, manage stock
- Taking ownership of the finances for the EU warehouse operation
- Working with internal stakeholders around constructing business cases for potential investments
- Working with the business to deliver accountability and accuracy within the budgeting process
Data, Systems & Tools
- Enabling the Commercial Finance team to better utilise business data
- Supporting definition and development of the finance systems road-map including an option for budgeting & forecasting tools
- Driving the team to utilise all available tools to enhance effectiveness and work closely with the Data team
- Supporting the Management Accountant and Finance Managers in the completion of the management accounts
- Overseeing, and improving cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Implementation/improvement of reconciliation schedules to ensure month-end figures can be fully reconciled
- Ensuring accurate monthly reporting and reconciliation of EU warehouse costs
- Supporting the Finance Manager - Commercial in the development and oversight of the investment appraisal process
- Ensuring strong business-wide controls
- Adherence to delegated authorities and purchase order processes, including spend limits and expense policies
Finance Business Partner Package:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours