Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently supporting a multi-site retail organisation that are recruiting for a qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) to join them as a Finance Business Partner. The role will require regional travel to difference sites post Covid so can be based out of the Midlands, Milton Keynes or South West areas.
Key Responsibilities: Finance Business Partner, Milton Keynes
- To support sites in production of periodic adjustments, accruals and prepayments.
- Weekly review of the financial reports in respect of the designated sites, highlighting any irregularities and reporting back key areas of concern to Site Directors, Regional Director and Line Manager as appropriate.
- Timely preparation and full review of period end management accounts for the designated region including full P&L analysis and preparation of commentary and variance analysis by site.
- Ensure key accruals and prepayments are accurate and posted each period.
- Review margins against theoretical and explain key reasons for variances and benchmarking against other units under the same brand.
- Reconcile periodic Sales and Wage results against flash reports, reporting variances and reasons for them.
- Review management accounts and prepare adjustment journals as necessary.
- Periodic review with line manager of the key variances for each site giving clear explanations and support.
- Periodic review and analysis of designated P&L lines across the whole business.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for designated accounts.
- Provide back up to the financial accounts team for all accrual and prepayment journals posted at period end
Key Skills & Experience: Finance Business Partner, Milton Keynes
- Multi-site retail / catering experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA)
- SAP experience preferred
- Analytical, diligent and proactive problem solving approach
- Experience with accounting processes and controls
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ensuring work is delivered on time and with a right first time attitude towards high standards and meeting team deadlines
- Strong organisational skills, including planning and prioritising work
- Adaptable and versatile, responding positively when change is required or plans altered
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and external stakeholders
This is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a well known brand in a true value add role, for more information please do get in touch