Gleeson Recruitment Group is working with a successful sales organisation with offices in Birmingham City Centre, and supporting with their need to recruit an additional Accounts Assistant due to business growth. The Accounts Assistant will report into the Finance Manager, and work alongside 2 junior Accounts Assistants, bringing transactional accounting knowledge and experience to the team. Depending on experience you can expect a salary between £26,000 - £28,000 per annum.
The Accounts Assistant role would best suit someone with all round transactional experience - experience in Payroll is desirable.
Hybrid working will be discussed, once fully trained in the role.
Accounts Assistant duties:
- Production of weekly and monthly billing reports ensuring they are reconciled to xero accounting software for both Sales and Contractor Costs.
- Ensuring a proactive approach to credit control ensuring weekly status reporting to Finance Director / Finance Manager.
- Ensuring customer portals are kept up to date.
- Processing supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Submission of payment requirements to Finance Manager on a weekly basis to ensure supplier accounts are kept up to date.
- Dealing with Customer / Supplier queries in a timely manner, ensuring an effective communication channel at all times.
- Daily reconciliation of business bank account.
- Daily allocations of Sales Receipts ensuring ledger reconciles.
- Daily reconciliation of Trust Account ensuring all charges are posted daily.
- Processing of Weekly and Monthly payrolls ensuring all starters and leavers are processed correctly.
- Ensuring all statutory deadlines / payments to third parties are met.
- Management of auto enrolment pension scheme, ensuring funds are paid over to provider monthly.
- Transfer of monthly payroll journal to xero software.
- Providing ad-hoc reports as and when required to senior management team.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
To apply for the Accounts Assistant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.