Are you an AAT studier or finance & accounting graduate looking for your first step? Maybe you have experience in a transactional finance role and are looking for your next challenge?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an SME based in East Rugby seeking a Finance Assistant to join their finance function. The successful Finance Assistant will be based out of the beautiful offices 5 days per week, for a salary of up to £25k + study support to achieve your AAT qualification. Following acquisition earlier this year, this business is expecting significant growth and therefore progression opportunities within the future.
As the Finance Assistant you will be supporting the Management Accountant with month end duties to ensure tight deadlines are met to a high standard. You will be working both independently and alongside the Accounts Payable Clerk, managing any complex queries and signing off high value invoices for payment. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with transactional experience seeking a move into a small and welcoming finance team.
- Process and reconcile company credit cards and check expenses
- Prepare supplier reconciliations monthly
- Maintain cash book
- Approve and assist the Accounts Payable Clerk with high value payments
- Deal with complex queries via phone and email
- Investigate and resolve sales ledger queries
- Journal posting
- VAT returns and reconciliations
- Prepare sales forecast reports for management
What you need to succeed:
- Knowledge of transactional finance functions
- Great communication skills
- The ability to develop and nurture relationships, both internal and external
- Good Excel skills; V-lookups, Pivot Tables
If you would like to hear more, apply today or send across an email -