City of London
£12 - £16 per hour + + bens
11 months ago
Finance Assistant - SW London - Fully Office based
Temporary role - c£16ph + holiday pay
Potential for a permanent role in the long-term for the successful candidate.
We are delighted to be supporting our London-based event-management/hospitality client with the hiring of a Finance Assistant to be based in their SW London offices. This is a superb role, within a fast-paced sector, and ideally you will offer a transactional accounting background and likely to be qualified by experience or AAT part qualified and enjoy working within a small close-knit accounting team and have a strong eye for detail.
You will be working within a fast-paced organisation that provides a superb product to the leisure and hospitality industry. Ideally you will be available at short notice to start this role and be a quick learner with demonstrable recent accounting experience to offer.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your role will be varied and will include:
- Raising of SL invoices and paying supplier invoices
- Hands on involvement at month end
- Responsible for accruals and pre-payments
- Maintenance of cashbooks
- Analyse and discrepancies and ensure all monies are accounted for (credit card and cash payments)
- Processing credit card payments
- Posting journals
- Providing reports to the FD and senior management team and also providing suggestions for system improvement and process improvement wherever needed
- Daily use of the SAGE X3 system and Excel
The successful Finance Assistant will also offer:
- The ability to multi task in a very busy accounting role
- Recent experience of performing a similar transactional role
- Be adept on systems - Excel, Sage X3 ideally
- Be happy and able to commit to a 3 month temporary role initially
- Friendly and team-spirited
- Be happy working with senior personnel
If this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, then please do get in touch for more details. My client can interview and on-board at short notice. This is a 5 day a week role in the office, so please do get in touch for more details. This role will also become a permanent role for the right candidate.