Our client, is an International IT Software business, with about 40 staff currently in their UK Head Office in Basingstoke, and are a key leader within it's industry. They are based on the outskirts of Basingstoke, and require a permanent Finance Assistant to report directly into the Finance Director as they look to grow the Accounting Team. This is a superb opportunity to join a stable, and vibrant business, where they are expecting to continue their growth plans year on year. They offer a fun and vibrant culture, with many social events planned each quarter (COVID restrictions allowing).
You will be able to offer recent UK experience, ideally within a varied role, and be able to bring a positive team-spirit to the business. Our client can offer training on their systems, and ideally they would like to recruit an individual who is systems savvy, happy to assist with all transactional finance duties, and have a high attention to detail.
Your role as a Finance Assistant will include:
- Working closely with the Finance Director in a varied, exciting finance role
- Processing all supplier invoices, accurately and within the set timescales
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Process sales invoices
- Producing a report every two weeks for payment runs to be authorised
- Matching cash postings and handling all queries
- Assisting with banking of any cheques
- Processing bank statements on the accounting system, ensuring all items are reconciled
- Processing of employee expenses each month
- To assist in producing the quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with accruals, pre-payments and journals
- Responsible for Petty Cash duties
- To support the Finance Director, when you are fully trained, with reporting and also at year-end
- In the long-term, to help with budgeting and forecasting, once you are fully trained in the other transactional finance areas
- Daily use of Xero and Excel (full training will be given)
- Ad-hoc duties and projects with the wider finance business
The successful Finance Assistant will offer:
- A strong interest in working in accounting or finance, and recent experience of working in a transactional finance team
- Good written / oral communication skill
- Experienced at using Excel, Word and Email
- Good interpersonal skills, both over the phone and on email
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
This is a really unique Finance Assistant role, for someone keen to put a foot in the door of a superb friendly finance team, in Basingstoke. My client can offer very modern offices, free parking and ideally you will have a car and full driving license. Please get in touch for this role and for further information on this Finance Assistant role, based in Basingstoke.
Ideally you will be available at short notice to start this role as my client can offer an immediate start for the right candidate (or they can wait a month or so for the right candidate). Due to my client being on the outskirts of Basingstoke, you will ideally need a car to get to the location. They are currently working from home, but will be returning to the office full time at some point in the first half of the year, so it is preferred that you live in commutable distance to the location.