Walsall, West Midlands
£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
4 months ago
A family owned Service organisation based near Walsall are looking to appoint an Accounts and Payroll Assistant to join their expanding business on a permanent basis. You will be based at their HQ, reporting directly into the Finance Manager. You can expect a salary between £24,000 - £26,000 per annum.
Due to the broad remit of the role, ideally you will have worked within an SME, and have experience running end to end payroll.
For the right individual, this is a chance to not only be involved with the day-to-day accounting tasks, but also a chance to have direct contact with senior stakeholders, and strategic decision making.
Finance Assistant - with Payroll duties:
- Ownership of the accounts payable and accounts receivable function
- Chasing over due debt
- End to end payroll (Sage/ Excel) for circa 200 employees- understanding SSP, benefits ect
- Handling employee payroll queries
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed assets
- Collating reports as requested by the Finance Manager
- Adhoc project tasks to assist with the day to day running's of the business
What do I need to be considered?
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Ability to confidentially answer payroll queries
- Knowledge of Sage 50- desirable not essential
- A can do attitude, keen eye for detail
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
First stage interviews will be held via MS Teams over the next couple of weeks - for more information please get in touch!
To apply for the Finance Assistant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.