£8 - £11 per hour + bens
11 months ago
Location - East Reading
Immediate start - 6 week's temporary role
Our client is a well-established, owner-managed business that prides itself on working within the media industry and have clients across the UK, and are extremely proud of their journey to date. You will be joining an experienced, and diverse team - and you will be working within their head office (based in East Reading) and you will assist the team with a variety of finance and administration duties. This role is offered with an immediate start, for around 6 weeks, to provide holiday cover up until Christmas.
To assist in the smooth running of the finance office, including raising PO's, placing orders with suppliers, and checking invoices, through to completing day to day tasks and supporting the wider business administration team. This is a great opportunity for individuals with previous accounts experience and who are able to multi-task and hit the ground running. Our client will guarantee that every day will be different. The successful candidate will be able to work in this kind of environment and learn adapt to changing deadlines.
- Raising PO's
- Checking invoices against the PO and delivery notes
- Processing of Credit Card payments
- Assisting with checking of expenses and mileage claims
- Manage the generic accounts in-box
- Handling accounts queries
- Maintaining the accounts daily
- Administration and PA duties - meeting and greeting visitors to the office
- Manage generic email accounts, forwarding to appropriate people at regular intervals
- Ensuring the office is presentable for visitors at all times
- Supporting managers in maintaining the training program, including booking courses
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure prompt invoicing
- Ordering office supplies
- Ad-hoc duties
Hours: 9-5.30 Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will offer:
- Previous accounting or bookkeeping skills
- Full driving license and car owner
- Adaptable and willing to learn
- Excellent communication and organisational skills - including a clear telephone voice
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Great time management skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- High levels of discretion
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office programs
- Previous admin experience in a related field would be advantageous but not essential
This is really great, unique varied role, providing a supportive, experienced team - and my client is able to offer on-site training. However this role is ideally suited to those candidates who can hit the ground running. You will ideally be available to start a role at short notice and be able to commit until the Christmas break.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and further details.