Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Warwick in search of a part qualified Finance Analyst. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, technical, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As a Finance Analyst you will be responsible for the following:
- Business partner the business, analysing, reporting and communicating financial performance and supporting operational and commercial KPIs and metrics.
- Provide financial support, analysis and challenge to the business including financial performance reports and decision support analysis.
- Provide key business stakeholders with management information.
- Work independently with the wider business to support budget and forecast preparation.
- Identify and implement improvements to processes and controls.
- Prepare and review the financial statements / reports for the relevant business area.
- Review the variances to budget and forecast and ensure actions are raised with the relevant parties in the business to support driving performance improvements.
The ideal candidate would ideally be working towards a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), and want to progress within a commercial or business partnering role.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Have a thorough understanding of financial analysis and reporting techniques.
- Financial modelling experience is advantageous.
- Have an understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Have strong ability in working effectively with accounting systems, financial planning tools, spreadsheets and database systems.
- Work with initiative, demonstrating self-motivation and the desire to develop.
- Be inquisitive with excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Some commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of Circa £35,000 + benefits.
- Full study package.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand.
- A positive and down-to-earth culture.
- Flexible working arrangements including hybrid working.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, then please call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718, or apply direct!