Birmingham, West Midlands
£23000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a Financial Services firm in the centre of Birmingham with their need to recruit a Finance Analyst to join their FP&A team on a permanent basis. The successful Finance Analyst will be reporting directly into the Group Commercial Finance Manager, with the opportunity to progress into a Finance Business Partner in the future.
Depending on experience you can expect a salary between £23,000 - £33,000 per annum + study support. Along with a discretionary bonus, enhanced pension scheme- up to 10% , flexible benefits and discounts galore!
Both recent graduate and part qualified ACCA/ CIMA applicants with experience welcome.
You will have the opportunity to really help drive forward the business strategy by supporting with monthly reporting, data extraction and analysis, preparation of presentations, support in project management and meeting attendance.
- Design, analyse, produce and deliver monthly financial and KPI reporting, including reports for project portfolio
- Drive forward advancements in the Management Information (MI) for the Society by seeking continuous improvements via efficiency's or utilising new technologies available to automate reporting and scope of analysis.
- Develop a strong commercial awareness of the company's markets, products and competitors.
- Month end reconciliations ensuring accurate P&L, Balance Sheet and volume reporting.
- Spreadsheet governance and support in internal/external audit queries.
- Build close relationships with the Accounting Operations team to improve the flow of information and efficiency of reporting ensuring tight deadlines are met. Also work with them to understand any monthly variances to budget.
- Own reporting and challenge OPEX spend across assigned areas of the Group investigating variances to budgets, analysing trends and providing challenge to cost centre managers to ensure costs saving initiatives are delivered.
- Assisting as and when required with annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting specifically in relation to OPEX spend.
Are you the right person for the job?
- You will have experience within a similar role.
- AAT qualified or studying towards a Part/Fully qualified diploma (CIMA/ACCA).
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong financial analysis and interpretation skills with experience of handling large amounts of data across several sources
- Advanced PC literacy skills across the Microsoft Office products especially Excel. Essential to have experience in the use of advanced formula, modelling & pivot tables.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good planning & organisation skills combined with a strong team player attitude.
- High degree of personal motivation and commitment to drive forward change.
- Experience in working within a highly paced team with tight deadlines.
- Experience of challenging and influencing all stakeholders regardless of level.
To apply for the Finance Analyst position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.