Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide service organisation with their need to recruit a Finance Analyst to be based at one of their regional offices based in Wolverhampton, supporting the Head of Finance by providing timely and accurate analysis and supporting the production of timely and accurate budgets.
Ideally you will be a previous AAT studier, looking to either commence or be part way through your ACCA/ CIMA. Depending on experience you can expect a salary up to £30,000 + study support.
The successful Finance Analyst will be welcomed into a small and friendly commercial finance team with a great office atmosphere.
This Finance Analyst opportunity involves fee negotiations with multiple stakeholders, you must be a strong communicator and enjoy engaging with stakeholders.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Together with operational colleagues and the head of finance, lead on fee negotiations with funding authorities
- Maintain and manage the annual fee uplift process
- Review existing pricing models to maximise potential fees
- Analyse staffing rotas following up required amendments
- Collate key Funding Authority contractual terms
- Produce the weekly KPI's & distribute to senior management
- Assist Head of Finance in Annual Budget process
- To support and complete IRC and new tenders
- Post implementation review of profitability of projects against their signed off IRC
- Provide detailed interpretive analysis of key financial trends to support decision making
- To work closely with the BD team to produce costing for any new referrals
- To target local authorities where placement are loss making and drill down into the individual support plan and request increased and individual reviews
- Work with the business to collect and reduce doubtful debts
- Support the month end process where required
- Any other duties requested from time to time, as might reasonably be required, commensurate with the role.
Finance Analyst skills and attributes:
- AAT qualified with a desire to complete their ACCA /CIMA
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Previous analytical experience
- Evidence of success in managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines on all aspects of reporting and analysis
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical abilities
- Evidence of active engagement with external stakeholders in commercial negotiations
- Able to work closely with financial and non-financial managers as part of a team to deliver improved performance
- High attention to detail
- Strong influencing skills
- Negotiating skills
To apply for the Finance Analyst position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.