You have the opportunity to join an experienced specialist provider of steel and glass fire doors, screens, bespoke façades, curtain wall, shopfronts, entrances, windows, structural & bolted glass solutions and bespoke architectural metalwork to principal contractors, developers and architects across the commercial construction market. Our client has a rich heritage of over 50 years and an excellent industry reputation.
An amazing opportunity has just arisen to join their Design Department as a Façade Glazing Design Designer. The successful Facade Glazing Designer will have a background within the aluminium windows, doors and/ or curtain walling industry and experience of communicating with site and design managers. The successful Designer must also have experience using Autodesk Software (AutoCAD and/or Revit).
Designer Position Overview
- Produce detailed curtain wall CAD drawings for client approval
- Liaise with architects, site and design managers
- Attend pre-contract design meetings
- Attend internal handover meetings
- Producing design work in accordance with project programmes
- CDM assessments
- Utilisation of RFI procedures
Designer Position Requirements
- A minimum 3 years plus continual use of AutoCAD
- Façade Glazing Design experience
- Working knowledge of aluminium glazing systems, such as Technal or Schueco
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Good communication
- IT proficiency (Microsoft office) Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary and a fantastic team working environment. This is a well established business who are now embarking on their new phase of growth, join them on their journey now!