Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
6 days ago
12mths- to perm
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be supporting a Membership Organisation in the recruitment of an Events Manager to join and lead a team to successful plan and implement a range of professional and academic events.
Job title: Events Manager
Contract: FTC 12 Months (strong view to become permanent)
Salary - Up to £35,000 annually
Location: Birmingham City Centre - WFH Hybrid model available
As an Events Manager you will be expected to oversee and work collaboratively with the events team and stakeholders, including planning and membership committees to plan and deliver all aspects of the event portfolio. Events range from annual conferences to academic and hybrid events.
This role will be supporting a small team and reporting to the Head of Membership. You will be working across internal and external teams to deliver the annual events calendar within a professional and academic capacity.
- Lead responsibility for end-to-end event delivery
- Manage and oversee operations for all events including on the day of events
- Create a concise end to end event project plan that work to meet standards and protocols and include strategic and measurable aims for events
- Report on performance and measurable factors of all events and deliver follow up operations
- Manage and adhere to budget within strategy plan
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with stakeholders and committee groups to successfully deliver events
- Work with vendors and handle contracts with external vendors and delivery partners, ensuring the most favourable terms
- Experience in same or similar role with experience leading or managing others
- Able to show clear record of success in delivery against set performance indicators such as experience measures, cost and income generation
- Experience or ability to successfully project manage
- Confident and able to communicate well including content and copy writing skills
- Knowledge of electronic event management software and delivery of virtual events
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management and ability to work collaboratively across multiple committees and groups
- Ability and experience within the budgeting and reporting on effectiveness
- Experience of working with academia, professional societies, membership bodies or organisations governed by a Board and committees.