Birmingham, West Midlands
£24000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment group are thrilled to be working on an extremely exciting Events opportunity with the West Midlands Growth Company.
We are seeking an Events Executive to join a busy and diverse Events Team that will deliver a range of Events across not only the Midlands but Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Job title: Events Executive
Contract: FTC - July 2021 - October 2022
Salary - Up to £25,000 annually
Location: Birmingham - travel will be required if COVID regulations allow.
WMGC play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. This is a unique opportunity to work for the region's Investment Promotion Agency, as it leverages the economic opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract investment and bring prosperity to the region.
The Events Executive will play a crucial role in supporting the Event Manager with developing, delivering, and evaluating the events programme. This will include organising virtual, hybrid and in person events, both domestically and internationally.
The programme has a diverse range of markets (UK, Australia, Canada, India, Singapore, and Malaysia) and audiences including Commonwealth leaders, investors, event organisers and leisure visitors. The Events Executive will be required to organise and plan events with these audiences in mind, supporting all the workstreams across the Programme. The events' purpose will be to drive awareness and change perceptions of the region whilst generating leads.
This role will include engaging with a wide stakeholder network, including but not being limited to, senior stakeholders within UK and overseas governed bodies/embassies.
- Support the Event Manager with planning and executing virtual, hybrid and in person events to a varied audience.
- Assist with developing and delivering events to support all workstreams in delivering their outputs.
- Attend and work at events outside of business hours as and when required.
- Travel to and from the events for pre, post and during work is to be expected. Some of the travel requirements may be international.
- Attend, report and present at relevant meetings and groups to ensure visibility, communication, and integration of the events across the Programme delivery team and Stakeholders.
- Support programme evaluation by gathering and analysing data - such as recording attendees- and using this to inform future activity and objectives.
- Deliver sponsor requirements, working closely with the Sponsorship Team.
- Build strong cross-programme relationships with both the business and tourism teams to ensure collaboration and shared drive for combined programme objectives.
- Report against key milestones, deliverables, and outputs, providing evidence as required.
- Ensure all activity complies with the programme policies and procedures - including risk, RAIDD, change management, procurement, contract management etc.
- Professional qualification or relevant degree, or equivalent experience in the events industry
- Proactive mindset and willingness to act autonomously
- Experience in planning different types of events, including virtual
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence in presenting information and findings to high profile stakeholders
- Confident networker with ability to build a rapport when meeting new people.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and able to manage expectations professionally
- Able to work across multiple projects at one time
- Able to work calmly and methodically in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, self-motivated and deadline-driven
- Experience in dealing with different markets.
- Hands on delivery of high-profile events, working without an events agency.
- Good IT skills, including full suite of Microsoft Office software.
If you are interested in this role and would like a more in-depth job description, please apply to this advert.