Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £27000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be supporting a Membership Organisation in the recruitment of an Events Coordinator to join and support in the organisation and delivery of small, large, face to face, networking, academic and virtual events throughout the year.
Job title: Events Coordinator
Contract: FTC 12 Months
Salary - Up to £27,000 annually
Location: Birmingham City Centre - WFH Hybrid model available
To work collaboratively with the Events Manager and others within the team to deliver the society's annual programme of events including conferences, events, workshops and networking opportunities. You will be supporting on all aspects of event from early planning through to delivery and evaluation. The perfect candidate will also be able to work solely on small events.
- Work with the team deliver the annual events calendar from development through to review/reporting post event.
- Help manage and oversee the event on the day(s), including set up, registrations, communicating with staff, volunteers, vendors, dealing with queries.
- Assist with all other aspects of each event as are relevant, such as, abstract submissions, bookings, creation of handbooks, telephone calls, delegate packs, couriers, name badges, venue set up, sponsors, exhibitors, newsletter articles, reports and any other relevant tasks.
- Work effectively on several events management and delivery systems including online platforms.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure the events promoted.
- Keep up to date with the events market including sector knowledge and carrying out competitor analysis (pricing, webpages, content etc).
- Relevant experience in the delivery of a mixture of events - virtual desirable
- Able to work well as a team and also solely support on smaller events
- Familiar with Event registration software
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with stakeholders
- Good copywriting and organisational skills
- Experience/knowledge or corporate, academic or professional events