West London, London
£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
To provide quality IT internal audit work to UK & Mainland Europe. This is a new role within the European Internal Audit Team and although it will report locally to the Internal Audit Manager Leader based in West London with close links into the Japanese Head Office.
This is a great opportunity for a strong generalist IT Internal Auditor with existing JSOX exposure to help shape this new role for the department.
Prepare the annual JSOX audit plan based on the scope provided by Risk Management.
Prepare monthly report on JSOX activities to ensure that key stakeholders (Risk Management, Business Management, Corporate Planning) are kept informed of progress.
- Review documentation, including flow charts, risk and control matrices as well as support implementing new or modifying existing controls to ensure our documentation is current and in line with Company policies.
- Perform root cause analysis, document audit observations and design efficient and effective remediation plans. Prepare formal audit reports for relevant management team.
- Proactively identify signs of possible internal control failures and work to ensure internal controls are operating effectively.
- Documenting control deficiencies and propose improvements which are clear, concise and provide value to management.
- Conduct JSOX audits, in line with risk management JSOX audit methodology and report results to relevant senior management.
- Apply analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external auditors.
- Perform annual walk throughs with the control owners to confirm the design and operation of the controls
- Provide guidance and recommendations on control activities.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Risk Management and Business Management
- Ensure that risks and control data is documented to JSOX for in-scope processes is documented to JSOX standard
- Post graduate professional qualification (Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor) is preferable
- Essential - undertaking internal audits in corporate environments
- Prior experience researching accounting issues
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures that relate to auditing/accounting standards and analytical skills are necessary to prepare audits
Key skills/attributes required:
- Strong ability to work independently and perform the necessary follow-ups with controls owners.
- Develop and maintain technical proficiency and current knowledge of professional standards, including accounting, auditing and financial reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of J SOX audit standards and testing protocol.
- A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and Company operations, policies and procedures.
- Analytical or statistical experience.
- Self-motivator and team player who brings a can-do approach.
- Interact and communicate well with employees across different business environments and external auditors. Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Constructively challenge management.
- Succinct, accurate reporting with pragmatic recommendations.