This is a lead Internal Audit / Risk and Compliance opportunity within the European Internal Audit Team. Based in the European HQ with close links into the Japanese Head Office.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IA Manager with a background of managing multiple projects. Internal Audit / Compliance and Risk preferably with JSOX exposure.
You will be responsible for conducting Financial and operational audits. In addition to this you will work closely with senior leadership across the group advising them on control frameworks. You will also gain exposure to technology, information security and project assurance Audits.
- Proactively identify signs of possible internal control failures and work to ensure internal controls are operating effectively.
- Documenting control deficiencies and propose improvements which are clear, concise and provide value to management.
- Conduct JSOX audits, in line with risk management JSOX audit methodology and report results to relevant senior management.
- Apply analytical skills to review information, perform assessments of the audit results and evaluate the adequacy of controls.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external auditors.
- Perform annual walk throughs with the control owners to confirm the design and operation of the controls
- Provide guidance and recommendations on control activities.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Risk Management and Business Management
- Ensure that risks and control data is documented to JSOX for in-scope processes is documented to JSOX standard
- Post graduate professional qualification (Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor) is preferable
- Essential - undertaking internal audits in corporate environments
- Prior experience researching accounting issues
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures that relate to auditing/accounting standards and analytical skills are necessary to prepare audits
Key skills/attributes required:
- Strong ability to work independently and perform the necessary follow-ups with controls owners.
- Develop and maintain technical proficiency and current knowledge of professional standards, including accounting, auditing and financial reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of J SOX audit standards and testing protocol.
- A desire to understand the systems and processes under review and Company operations, policies and procedures.
- Analytical or statistical experience.
- Self-motivator and team player who brings a can-do approach.
- Interact and communicate well with employees across different business environments and external auditors. Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- Constructively challenge management.
- Succinct, accurate reporting with pragmatic recommendations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years Internal Audit or External Audit experience. They will also have a strong academic record and hold a recognised accountancy qualification probably obtained from a leading professional services firm. Post qualification internal audit experience preferably gained from a global organisation or top practice firm is highly desirable but not essential.