Uxbridge, North Dakota
Bonus, Pension, Flexi bens
10 months ago
European Logistics Manager
Based near Uxbridge my client is a division of a global engineering business. This division is responsible for the road, sea and air logistical support with a spend over £60m.
Reporting to the Operational Director and Supply Chain Director
The European Logistics Manager will have two direct reports and an overall team of more than 30.
The position will lead the Operational transport team with the delivery of excellent customer service, effective transport solutions and cost efficiencies through active management.
The role may well be suited for experienced man-managers and leaders with a finance, supply chain background. Traditional candidates from freight services, logistics or supply chain background across multiple entities (and European presence) will also be considered.
- Operational responsibility for multi-customer team (road, rail and sea)
- Deliver clear operational direction and leadership to European ops
- Review and improve current policies and [procesdures to drive improved logistics optimisation, margin and profitability.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities
- Build relationships across multiple stakeholders, inparticular finance teams
- Man-management and experience developing direct and indirect reports
This a rare and unusual opportunity seeking applications from candidate from an array of backgrounds and sectors but transport, distribution, logistics experience is essential.
You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have an analytical, commercial and enquiring disposition.
Control Tower / logistics, network transport experience preferred.