£90000 - £100000 per annum
7 months ago
Director of Lean Manufacturing - Europe
Location - Europe / Scandinavia Based
Salary up to 120,000 Euros p.a. + Bonus + Extensive Benefits
Do you have the drive to lead the strategic deployment of multi-site Lean and Continuous Improvement Strategy across a number of high volume automotive manufacturing sites across Europe? Would you like to be a key member of the Senior Leadership team for a global Tier 1 Automotive business and report directly to the European Group Operations Director?
The role of Director of Lean Manufacturing will be responsible to implement and deploy a globally connected Lean Continuous Improvement (CI) strategy and to oversee, manage and facilitate the Group's Lean initiative and CI strategy across all European sites. You will need to take a strategic view of the organisation and facilitate the creation of a European-wide CI culture and use CI methodologies to drive core strategic processes to respond to the needs of all stakeholders with minimal waste.
The Director of Lean Manufacturing for Europe will be responsible to;
- Support/Coach/Implement and deploy CI strategy. Oversee, manage and facilitate the group C.I. strategy within the Business Area's Operational Facilities and functions to improve efficiency, streamline processes and reduce costs within the business.
- Support/Develop training standards for the organisation, to ensure a consistent and group wide approach in order to ensure one common standard for processes and efficient deployment throughout the business area.
- Coach leadership (at all levels) within the Continuous Improvement implementation strategy which will be focused on delivering business results and building competency in Continuous Improvement methods.
- Provide leadership/ mentoring/training to all levels of the organisation on the use and practice of C.I. methodology and tools (e.g. 5S, visual controls, standardised work, VSM & A3, Heijunka, Jidoka, Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc…) and facilitate cross-functional kaizen events.
- Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills and act as a key driver of change within the business, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the group wide changes to employees (and other stake holders such as suppliers) and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business's transformation.
- Drive Lean for select model new product introductions and develop appropriate dashboards & influence cross functional team members to meet aggressive C.I. Program's and Business Targets.
- Mentor Engineering and Manufacturing Project Leaders and cross functional Team members; develop common understanding of relevant concepts & available tools to drive consistency across Products & Programs.
- Develop infrastructure tools and supporting materials, including training to support the group C.I. initiatives and conduct workshops and other training programs that foster the cross functional deployment of Continuous Improvement Methodology.
- Work with all elements of the business to integrate CI to include engineering, new product development, supply chain, inventory management, and production control.
- Assist in development of C.I. support teams from within the Business Area's and functional units to ensure that the C.I. strategy identifies business opportunities and delivers measurable business results.
- Assist with Product Development for selected programs working with global cross functional teams that are focused on improving customer experience in new/existing products to deliver efficient and cost-effective solutions.
This is a key role that will require travel across sites in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia and so Europe wide and international mobility is key to the success of this role. You will be a strategic Lean thinker but with a can-do and hands on mindset to continuous improvement. You will thrive on the ability to impart your skills and experience to others across a range of cultures and levels of employees from plant leadership to the shop floor.
The Director of Lean Manufacturing is a critical role in the growth and improvement of the business over the next 5-10 years and so the ideal individual will have a proven manufacturing engineering Lean background with a minimum of 5 years' experience within Continuous Improvement, preferably within an automotive, aerospace or high-volume industrial manufacturing industry and possess a sound knowledge of VAVE/Lean/Six Sigma. You will be an influencer and a driver of change and able to build relationships at all levels and as it is the group business language, a strong working ability with the English language is a must.
If you would like to discuss this outstanding Group level opportunity in more detail and the future potential that it holds within a highly successful and growing global organisation with exponential career development opportunity then please contact Neil Cayley for more information and a confidential discussion at