€95000 - €125000.00 per annum + + 20% Bonus & Package
7 months ago
European Financial Controller - Netherlands (Flevoland)
Remuneration: €95,000-€125,000 Per Annum + 20% Bonus & Package
I have an immediate requirement for a candidate to join a newly acquired private equity backed business, circa €25MN turnover based in Flevoland in the Netherlands. The role will provide business partnering and commercial support to the Managing Director of the European businesses with a reporting line directly into the UK Finance Director.
In terms of territory the business currently covers The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium but there is significant appetite for growth so while the current markets will develop at pace the medium/long term plan will be to grow into new European Countries.
This newly acquired business joins an award-winning parent focused on delivering cutting edge security hardware and services to the infrastructure, construction, and property sectors. The acquisition demonstrates the businesses commitment to growth and fits centrally to their strategic agenda.
Role requirements in brief:
* Financial Control and maintaining robust and timely financial reporting.
* Completing monthly accounts on time, understanding variances and ensuring all day-to-day accounting is completed accurately.
* Preparation of management reports for the operational management team providing analytical direction and actions to achieve the targeted results.
* Assisting with annual budgets and quarterly forecasting with Heads of Departments and providing support as required.
* Monitoring the business cash flow and working capital requirements.
* Leading, managing and supporting a team of finance staff.
* Delivering process improvement and developing a strong control environment.
* Assist with operational issues and taking an active role in local operational meetings on business and financial matters.
* Identifying, evaluating and proposing productivity and performance improvements for the business.
* Assist in maintaining external stakeholder relationships with auditors, banks and tax authorities ensuring timely submissions of external reporting.
* Working with the Chief Financial Officer on strategic and commercial initiatives across the company.
* Oversee bank reconciliations, credit control, supplier payments and stock control.
* Qualified accountant or local equivalent.
* Critical thinker, highly numerate and analytical.
* Able to work on their own initiative.
* Strong IT skills especially Excel.
* Familiar with back-office accounting systems, preferably Sage 200 and Sage Payroll.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organisation.
* Fluency in both English and Dutch with some fluency in German also being beneficial.
* Ability to travel to Belgium (Ghent), Germany (Wuppental) and Hengelo.
* Must be willing to undergo security vetting
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.