Are you an Estates Surveyor looking to work in a business that makes a difference? Do you want to be trusted in your role and given the flexibility and autonomy to excel in your professional and personal life? If this sounds like it could be for you then THIS opportunity is not to be missed!
Our client is a leading national charity who have struck the balance between being passionate about their cause and being commercially aware. With a total freehold, leasehold and development estate of around 350-400 properties they have sites across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. In this role you will be remotely based with occasional travel to sites and the opportunity to structure your working hours in a way that maximises your output and your life.
What you will do
- Take day-to-day lead to deliver lease events, acquisitions and disposals to ensure delivery of full strategy and plan
- The portfolio is mixed with freehold and leasehold properties. The Estates Surveyor will work with key internal customers in the Retail and Services teams to ensure the lease events are forward planned and managed on time, where possible reducing the charity's cost base and ensuring the their estate is fit for purpose.
- Management of the freehold portfolio
- Have a good depth of knowledge and experience with the Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act and take a hands on approach in agreeing lease events, acquisitions and disposals
- You will work with agents and advisors on transactions and development work
- Build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and customers both internally and externally
- Support the Estates Manager with year-end requirements and support finance with any accounting queries
- Work to tight deadlines and ensure effective cross-functional working at all levels
- Secure evidence that due diligence has been carried out on all property transactions and present this to the Head of Property, Executive Directors, Board and Trustees
- Demonstrate clear understanding of mission, vision and values
The bit about you
- Demonstrate transferable experience in either the charitable or private sector
- MRICS in Commercial Property and BSc in a built environment discipline
- Experience working with external customers
- Ability to read and understand commercial lease terms
- The confidence to communicate clearly and effectively whilst also being a good listener
- Multi-site experience
- Organised with attention to detail
- Be dynamic and self-motivated
On offer to the successful Estates Surveyor is the opportunity to join a progressive and passionate team, part of a national charity providing a service to the community. You will be trusted to undertake your role in the way you see fit and measured by your output. In this home based role you will receive a salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits with the opportunity to develop and progress.