Estates Surveyor (Hybrid)
1 Day in Solihull Office
Are you a general practice surveyor looking for progression in your career? Do you want exposure to exciting projects, collaborating with experienced professionals across a range of disciplines to deepen your knowledge and widen your skillset?
As an Estates Surveyor at this company you will work as part of a vibrant community displaying commitment to everything they do and maintaining a strong passion for their work, investing to build a diverse portfolio of highly respected practices. Following continued growth, our client is looking to expand their property team to increase their capacity to deliver on short-, medium- and long-term group property objectives.
Enjoying a competitive salary, you will also receive 5 weeks holiday alongside bank holidays and Birthday Leave. There are clearly devised progression opportunities, so you can feel safe in the knowledge there is room to move forwards within the company. A robust employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance 4x salary, enhanced sickness pay and enhanced equal family leave are all standard and you can enjoy staff discount schemes, an e-car salary sacrifice scheme and recruitment referral reward scheme. My client remains committed to the well-being of their employees and so an Employee Assistance Program is offered as well as a cycle to work scheme, free annual flu jab, eyecare voucher scheme and importantly the opportunity to work 4 days a week from home.
The Estates Surveyor will:
- Support the Head of Estates and wider property team in managing the portfolio across the UK and ROI, currently consisting of around 200 sites.
- Liaise with many departments to support with advice and assistance on day-to-day property management and lease issues.
- Collaborate with construction and FM colleagues to interpret legal arrangements, providing advice on repairing obligations.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure rents and other legal and financial liabilities are paid on time and support with cost mitigation strategies, such as business rates.
- Help develop and maintain the groups Property Asset Register, ensuring robust document management and property information systems are maintained.
- Conduct rent reviews, lease renewals, regears and new leases as well as dealing with breaks and applying for landlords consents.
- Assist the Head of Estates with the collation of comparable rental advice and may support with acquisitions and disposals, as well as relocations from time to time.
As Estates Surveyor you will:
- Be a creative and resilient general practice surveyor early in your career, looking to take a step forward.
- Be either AssocRICS, undertaking APC or recently qualified through RICS.
- Have 1-3 years property or estates experience across a multi-site portfolio.
- Be advantaged by experience in clinical environments, though this is not essential.
- Demonstrate good technical knowledge and understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation.
- Display excellent problem-solving skills and be comfortable operating strategically and reactively whilst maintaining a varied workload in an often fast-paced environment.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and be a positive communicator remaining highly motivated and organised.
- Maintain a thirst for knowledge and eagerness to learn and grow in order to progress with the company.
- Have a full UK Driving License and access to a roadworthy vehicle in order to undertake site visits.