About our client
Our client is a progressive fashion retail organisation who are progressive and hugely successful with a collection of well-known brands that are expanding around the world.
They are reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. They've never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying their portfolio and elevating their stores. They're not sitting back - there's no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless
To stay ambitious, they need an Estates Manager who will embrace their heritage as they look to enhance the future. They're looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it's the best option for their business. Their people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise.
They are now seeking an Estates Manager to join the high-performance Property team based from either global HQ in Nottinghamshire or their chic London office. In this role you will be expected to get stuck in and make an impact from day 1. They do not do things conventionally, and have no expectations of how things 'should be' with no process or strategy set in stone. In this role you will have a real ability to impact and be a part of the ever-changing estates function. The role will have insight into all levels and areas of the business, not just property matters, giving you an exceptional insight into why their actions and the team's performance are essential to the success of The Group.
You will be provided an area of operation in this role where you will have the opportunity to become an expert operator across your patch. You will gain a wide and varied experience across the estate including property management matters, estates issues, acquisitions, lease event management, property overhead cost control and assisting senior members of the team on a variety of projects on an ad-hoc basis. This is not your standard estates management role!
- Manage and own your own workload include estates management issues and lease event management, including external consultants where necessary
- Manage your time and priorities effectively, the Estates Team are often working to hard and critical deadlines and dates
- Get involved in acquisitions in your patch and assisting senior team members during an acquisition phase
- Assist team members on all estates matters to ensure the estate remains fit for purpose, allowing the retail teams to operate effectively and profitably
- This could mean one day dealing with road works and a local council, to then managing the legals on a relocation of a store to a major flagship site
- Get involved in lease events, whether that's holding your nerve in a landlord negotiation or engaging their consultants on technical renewals, you will be expected to take ownership of events and report accordingly
- Manage and take ownership of a given geographical area of responsibility in all aspects including business rates, service charges and general estates issues
An opportunity like this is for the fearless. The potential is massive. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe their principles - you will:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
You will see the possible in impossible and will be open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it's the best option for the business.
- Own it and back it
You will take pride in what you do with confidence, but not overconfidence. It's important you take ownership of your decisions, stand by your convictions and reason with contradiction.
- Not hesitate and act with purpose
You will ask for forgiveness - not permission. You will be comfortable juggling multiple projects acting both decisively and instinctively without support from managers.
- Be commercial and customer-focused.
You will be creative and analytical, balancing big-picture trends and detailed commercial performance. You will have a forensic commercial mindset, always considering the commercial impact of any decision.
- Valid working rights for the EMEA countries
- Can critically review, analyze, interpret and present appropriate data to inform senior leadership in decision making
- Takes pride in their attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent time and workload management skills as the pace never slows and dates are everything in the Estates Team
- Effectively multi-task and jump onto differing priorities as they appear
- Does not get down-heartened easily, rolls with the punches and can easily adapt and adjust with the ever-changing strategy and priorities
- Open to travel nationally and internationally as appropriate with some nights away where appropriate and necessary
- Full clean driving license
- Proficient on MS Suite system
- Unrivalled opportunity to make your mark and progress in your career as Estates Manager
- The opportunity to operate in a broad real estate role in a diversified and entrepreneurial business
- Be surrounded by high-calibre and collaborative colleagues both in your real estate team and in other departments
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package rewarded in a role where you can grow