Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
ESG & Sustainability Manager
£65000 + Benefits
My client are proud to work in the unique funeral industry. They succeed by helping people through difficult times with compassion, respect, openness, and care.
Following an exciting period of change they are now looking for an experienced ESG & Sustainability manager who can confidently manage delivery of the company's environmental and sustainability strategy, whilst working closely with colleagues to deliver governance and social responsibility activities.
Key aspects of the role include setting a clear framework for their sustainability plan and delivery programme, embedding industry leading best practice, identifying risks and opportunities, management, and crucially delivery of the key environmental reporting requirement. You will work closely with the Property, Funeral and Crematoria Operations, Health & Safety, and Service Delivery teams reporting to Head of Communications.
You will have a comprehensive and holistic knowledge of sustainability and wider environmental, social and governance issues, with strong data management and analytical skills.
Performance will be measured on successful delivery of environmental & sustainability strategy enabling the business to fulfil net zero pledge by 2038. Extensive stakeholder engagement within aligned business units. Providing strategic ESG & Sustainability solution, presenting ideas and being responsible for driving change.
- Develop an ESG strategy that is achievable, evidence based, and data led.
- Deliver our sustainability requirements and compliance, including ESOS (Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme), SECR (Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting) and TCFD (Taskforce on Climate related Financial Disclosures)
- Develop and coordinate corporate sustainability initiatives across the group
- Creates policies, guidelines related to all aspects of ESG and sustainability
- Engages with internal stakeholders and presenting regular sustainability reports and conduct sustainability assessments.
- Effective running of our ESG Steering Group and associated working groups, including liaison with our health & safety committee
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in environmental, social and governance to develop best practice and refine and improve the strategy
- Acting as the day-to-day subject matter expert and supporting the business divisions to embed sustainability within our business
- Support the central collection of sustainability data to monitor progress of KPIs, ensuring progress is measured and reported to ExCo and Board; to deliver Group reporting requirements
- Keep the senior leadership and Steering Group appraised of any proposed change in legislation that may impact ESG and advise on the implications as an input into decision making
- Driving continual improvements such as through supply chain engagement, energy audits, sustainability trials
- Carrying out investigations on environmental incidents and feedback any lessons learned
- Utilising the findings from reporting data, assessments, external and internal audits to drive sustainability action plans and inform key business decisions
- Developing communication materials on progress
- Identifying risks and opportunities for the business
Experience for ESG & Sustainability Manager Required:
- Broad understanding of strategic environmental and compliance planning in relation to driving environmental improvements across operational and corporate function type environments.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of environmental and sustainability strategies
- Strong experience of Risk and Compliance management within the ESG & Sustainability landscape
- Experience of managing Data and Analytics regarding key corporate ESG reporting
- Strong communication and influencing skills across various stakeholder groups.
- Extensive experience within the ESG & Sustainability Field with demonstratable results
- Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA) would be desirable
- ISO14001 Environmental Management accreditation desirable
- BREEAM/LEED/SKA/WELL knowledge and experience
Benefits of ESG & Sustainability Manager:
- Full Time / Permanent (Hours: Mon - Fri 08:45 - 17:00)
- Sutton Coldfield Head Office (Hybrid working)
- £65000 dependant on experience
- Optional Car Allowance
- Performance related annual bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank hols
- Bupa private health care
- Pension contribution