£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Are you a graduate or junior project manager within the engineering sector, looking for a new growth opportunity? Perhaps you're an established project manager looking for a chance to work on more exciting projects?
Our client, a leader in the design, manufacture and installation of automated mechanical handling solutions, is looking for an additional project manager to bolster their projects department. You will be managing various small to medium sized projects across multiple sectors including food and beverage, automotive, retail and logistics.
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size
- Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Ideally mechanically or electrically qualified to HNC/ HND minimum
- Qualified in or in the process of qualifying in project management qualifications
- Exposure to automated equipment or environments ideally within the materials handling sector
- A solid understanding of the different disciplines involved in automated projects, i.e. electrical, mechanical, software
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as and when needed both nationally and internationally
This role would suite a graduate or junior project manager looking to take a step up, or an established project manager who is looking to move into a more exciting sector. If you are interested in working with a forward thinking technology company who are going through a huge period of growth, please apply now for more information! Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.