West Midlands, England
Car Allowance + Private Medical & Dental + Bonus
5 months ago
Engineering Manager - Maintenance - Midlands Based
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong background in Maintenance engineering for a Midlands based organisation who melt and refine ingot and slab and manufacture mill products for the Aerospace, Automotive and Energy sectors.
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible establishing and delivering the (Maintenance) Engineering Strategy for the plant. This will include including staffing, equipment, budgets, facilities, capabilities and skill sets to ensure the plant achieves its daily targets in Safety, Quality, Throughput and Cost
The Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving the agreed levels of overall equipment availability and equipment related performance to contribute to an OEE measure.
- Deliver cultural change within the Engineering function at all levels to ensure that it aligns to the Plant Goals and fully supports the Plant on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve a structure within the Engineering department that meets or exceeds the needs of the Plant.
- Must develop KPI's and deliver measurable improvements in the effectiveness of the Engineering team.
- Responsible for developing in conjunction with the Head of Reliability, an effective Planned Predictive Maintenance (PPM) and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) program.
- Develop an effective smart factory system to incorporate industry best practice e.g. Industry 4.0
- Responsible for achieving the cost goals required of the department through actions including, control of expenditure across Human Resource, Capital expenditure, consumables and external labour
Skills required or the Engineering Manager:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in an engineering related subject or environment
- Strong understanding of Maintenance Engineering and its associated processes
- 6 Sigma qualified to Green belt level or equivalent would be advantageous
- Recognised HSE related qualification e.g. NEBOSH
- Demonstrated experience of Metal production/Oil & Gas/Chemical Engineering/paper or heavy/capital-intensive industry
- Effectively lead and manage multi-disciplined teams
- Experience of multi-million budgetary responsibility
- Will have held full functional responsibility for engineering within a relevant business
- Demonstrable experience of managing large capital projects on time and within budget
- Strong practical engineering understanding and empathy with reports and their concerns
- Will have clear evidence of having demonstrated creativity and success in seeking improvements in performance and operational methods.
The Engineering Manager role offers a strong and benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email