Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Engineering Manager - FMCG - Midlands - up to £55,000pa
Are you an Engineering Manager with a strong LEAN manufacturing approach combined with a passion for developing others? If so, an award winning FMCG manufacturing organisation based in the Midlands are looking for you!
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the reduction in downtime, elimination of reoccurring issues whilst promoting Health & Safety throughout department. Identify training needs for you and your team and highlight areas of weakness in team's skill levels resulting in the construction of appropriate training requirements.
The Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Target a reduction in downtime and elimination of reoccurring issues
- Lead from the front, be a role model, self-starter with the ability to make reasoned, sound judgements.
- Quickly adapt to change and keep downtime to a minimum whilst working under tight time scales
- Ability to cascade information down to the teams in such a way that motivates and encourages team.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and Drive process change.
- Plan the department workload in accordance with line problems & information provided by department heads, with minimum delays.
- Maintain and record all engineering jobs required to be completed
- Achieve a reduction in accidents through actively promoting H&S awareness.
- Regularly review line issues with packaging and process managers, providing evidence of regular written communication.
- Provide electrical & mechanical shift cover whenever necessary in the absence of skills due to authorised and or unauthorised absenteeism.
Skills and Experience required for the Engineering Manager:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Engineering Management experience in a Food or Food related industry
- Possess an array of knowledge within training and motivational techniques
- Computer literate having the ability to demonstrate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to use database linked systems
- Ability to communicate with all departments and at all levels
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Results and KPI Driven
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email