Engineering Manager - Bedfordshire - Maintenance - Permanent
Are you an Engineering Manager with a background within Electrical or PLC Maintenance and looking to progress you career? If so, then we have the ideal opportunity for you based in the Bedfordshire area for a world leader in the production of clay and concrete building products.
As the Engineering Manager you will be required to develop and promote the company's, factory and team plans and the road map to achieve the businesses goals. There will be a key focus placed upon implementing a robust preventative maintenance structure utilising the company's CMS and PPM systems.
As the Engineering Manager your responsibilities will be:
- Development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives through team working.
- Provision of engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of IMS tools and techniques.
- Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of engineering, production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of Housekeeping within the engineering environment using the 5S principles.
- The design and implementation of capital improvement projects aimed at improving manufacturing capability.
- The use of a computerised maintenance system to facilitate planned preventative maintenance and effective engineering stock control.
- Work collaboratively across all Business functions, by building effective working relationships.
Skills required for the Engineering Manager:
- Strong background within Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Engineering, preferably electrical or PLC.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Data driven and must be able to analyse such information to drive continuous improvement.
- Leadership and man-management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team through performance review.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem-solving techniques, provide solutions and delegate
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications alongside CMS and PPM Systems.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email