Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance, pension, BUPA
about 1 month ago
We are working with an exciting progressive private house builder providing the central UK market with high-quality new build homes.
This exciting business likes to do things differently and is seeking an Engineering Manager for a new role based from a new office in Milton Keynes. This is a huge opportunity because you will have the chance to grow with this region and progress your career with the wider support of the Technical team. Working on sites in the Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire area you will be willing to travel across this area when required.
As the successful Engineering Manager you will be responsible for…
- Assessment of potential developments and production of detailed technical reports, including site visits with the appropriate members of the management team to ensure the best cost engineered solution is produced for the land (or vice versa).
- Effective daily management of the 'Design Team' (Internal and External) to ensure the provision of required level of services in a pro-active and professional manner to enable other departments to fulfil their role.
- Co-ordinate production information to a written programme to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective finish to the sites.
- Provide drawings to site on a weekly basis & as appropriate.
- Establish and enforce quality and standards in schemes, and maintain the good image of the company.
- Manage site appraisals and effectively manage assessments for maintenance bonds.
- Effectively manage relationships with Local Authority Planning and Highways, Drainage undertakers, Drainage Boards, Service companies, Local Committees, Action Groups and Resident issues as required.
- Production of engineering site feasibilities as instructed by the land department, with liaison with heads of department & outside authorities and agencies to ensure complies with the required standards and business needs.
As the successful Engineering Manager you will have experience working on large residential schemes and may have worked for a house builder or consultant, our client is open to consider all backgrounds in this regard. You will be a qualified engineer and be open to learning and growing within the Technical department. You will be open-minded, adaptable and be able to demonstrate how you have had to innovate in your career.
On offer to the successful Engineering Manager is the change to progress quickly in this growing office and business, ultimately taking responsibility for the region. There is a competitive salary on offer of £50,000 plus car allowance, pension and private healthcare.